Hiccups in the car

I bought my 2002 Toyota Corolla almost 3 years ago with 186k miles in it.
Sometimes occasionally I used to feel hiccups in the car while driving on a highway or on steep slopes(very occasionally).
My car burns engine oil like anything. It burns almost 5-10 quarts of engine oil between oil changes. (in case it is relevant)
During the recent oil change I asked the cause of the issue to the Midas store manager, he said it might be issue with the injection system, so he asked for a fuel injection system cleaning and changing the serpentine belt.
I got it done, paid 180$ for both.

And the next time I drive more than 50 miles per hour the hiccups are still there, now they are always there(earlier they were occasional) and the car is somehow burning more oil.
It actually worsened the problem.

Someone asked me to get the fuel filter change, when I inquired I got to know that the fuel filters are embedded with fuel pump on a corolla 2002, so I have to get fuel pump replaced and that will cost a lot.

Please advice what should I do.
should I try changing the spark plugs?

Codes? Burning alot of fuel? Oil consumption is common with the early 1zzfe vvt-i motors from what I've seen. Try some engine restore 4cyl every oil change along with a synthetic blend oil. If you're handy you can try a piston soak, my remedy was kerosene over night, then marvel mystery oil over night, then seafoam for a few hours.