Anyone else have signal issues?

Radio reception on these stock head units suck!
I've heard tint can affect reception?
I've had my windows tinted since the first week I owned the car, so I don't know if that's the problem or not.
I just had my rear window re tinted with Formula 1 ceramic at 15%, and reception seems worse.
Also, has anyone upgraded an antenna yet?

Well, I don't know about tint, I have 3M Ceramic 30% on the rear window and doors, and that doesn't affect my reception, but my LED turn signal lights (not the mirror ones, but front and/or rear) block all radio reception when I have weak signal. When they blink, the radio blinks static - normal - static - normal. Have you installed any new LEDs lately? If I'm not mistaken though, the antenna is in the rear window.

Do you have the little antena fin on the back of the roof? It came stock with mine, but yesterday I accidentally noticed 2014 or 15 S didn't have the fin. Not sure if it's because I've got a premium trim with Navi and they didn't or not. I've got 5% limo tint rear door and window and have not had any complaints with reception.

Do you have the little antena fin on the back of the roof? It came stock with mine, but yesterday I accidentally noticed 2014 or 15 S didn't have the fin. Not sure if it's because I've got a premium trim with Navi and they didn't or not. I've got 5% limo tint rear door and window and have not had any complaints with reception.
Yours is the gps antenna for your nav system. (pretty sure)
Mine didn't come with nav, so no gps antenna for me.
I just follow whoever is in front of me!
I've ordered a shark fin from Ali Express. Functional for $13.
We'll see if that helps any.
If it does, I might upgrade to a Toyota/Lexus OEM version. They are powered to amplify the signal.

Yours is the gps antenna for your nav system. (pretty sure)
Mine didn't come with nav, so no gps antenna for me.
I just follow whoever is in front of me!
I've ordered a shark fin from Ali Express. Functional for $13.
We'll see if that helps any.
If it does, I might upgrade to a Toyota/Lexus OEM version. They are powered to amplify the signal.

You're correct: the little black fin IS the antenna for models that have Nav

The black box on the roof is for GPS, navigation and satellite radio. The antenna for the radio is built into the back glass. its like the orange lines for the defroster but they are separate, at the top of the glass.

Source: Glass installer.

Well, I don't know about tint, I have 3M Ceramic 30% on the rear window and doors, and that doesn't affect my reception, but my LED turn signal lights (not the mirror ones, but front and/or rear) block all radio reception when I have weak signal. When they blink, the radio blinks static - normal - static - normal. Have you installed any new LEDs lately? If I'm not mistaken though, the antenna is in the rear window.
Damn! I never even saw this reply. Sorry.
So, you got issues too.
I've heard that tint can mess with reception?
I've had my leds for a while now, but they've never effected my reception. That I noticed anyways. Maybe they are now.

Damn! I never even saw this reply. Sorry.
So, you got issues too.
I've heard that tint can mess with reception?
I've had my leds for a while now, but they've never effected my reception. That I noticed anyways. Maybe they are now.
After doing some research, apparently if the LEDs are not made properly and therefore aren't ROHS compliant and FCC compliant and all of that good stuff (I don't really know what any of that means), the lights can emit a somewhat large electromagnetic field, causing radio interference. I use well made Philips LEDs for my tail lights, interior lights, and side markers, but I use what I thought were well made, non-name brand LEDs for my turn signals because Philips doesn't make an amber 7440 bulb (rear turn signal) or, more importantly for me, a 7443 amber and white switchback bulb (front turn signal). There's also a chance that it could be the load resistors which are also some unknown brand off amazon. I haven't had a chance to test things out including the method in one of the links below. I'll let you guys know when I figure it all out.

Oh, and if anyone knows of any decent white amber switchback LEDs for the 7443 socket that are not oversized like this one is, hit me up. These don't quite fit the reflector properly so they don't appear as bright as they should be.

This is what I use: The link acutally states "Doesn't cause radio interference" LOL https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YDN4NQW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://betterautomotivelighting.com...ing-ferrite-coils-for-hid-and-led-headlights/
http://www.leapfroglighting.com/led-lamps-interfering-with-radio-transmissions/